Support to Schools
- Supporting SENDCos/INCos to fulfil their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Support schools to get the best outcomes for children who may be vulnerable because they have special educational needs and/ or disability (SEND).
- Supporting middle and senior leaders to improve the provision for and progress of these children.
The Inclusion Consultant supports schools through:
- Ensuring effective use of data to drive improvement
- Improving the effectiveness of support staff
- Preparation for Ofsted and support for post-Ofsted action plans
- Providing advice and guidance by telephone & email
- Providing central and bespoke training to teachers and support staff in a range of topics
- Provision of advice on latest statutory requirements and good practice
- Sharing good practice across the LA and Tri-borough through network meetings and to facilitate these meetings.
- Offer Supported self-evaluation of Inclusion provision leading to action planning and support for action plans through bespoke training, learning walks and lesson observations and review and evaluation of impact
- Support for self-evaluation and developing evaluation practices
- Support, induction and coaching new SENCos
All maintained primary and secondary schools will receive an annual visit from the inclusion consultant. This will be a chance for good practise to be shared and any training or further support needs identified. Follow up and additional visits are arranged as needed.