Federation of Westminster Special Schools and the Bi-borough Inclusion Service, aims to be a centre of excellence for the delivery of dynamic and creative special education to pupils, staff, parents, mainstream schools and the community.
Is for the Federation of Westminster Special Schools and the Bi-borough Inclusion Service to be renowned as a leading provider for special education with commitment, drive, ambition and passion focussing on:
- Integrating all aspects of pupils’ learning and development,
- Excellent and creative teaching leading to meaningful outcomes
- High expectations of achievements for all.
- High quality support to mainstream and other special schools resulting in positive inclusive practice.
We will achieve this by:
- Creating a learning environment which is safe yet exciting, positive and encouraging, respectful and understanding, inclusive and aspirational promoting health and wellbeing as fundamental to achievement
- Promoting high standards in teaching, learning and leadership through rigorous self-evaluation and shared accountabilities for continuous school improvement
- Effective use of resources, ensuring the money is well spent
- Encouraging all members of the federation to reach their potential
- Valuing the contribution of all, building confidence and self belief
- Providing a creative, integrated and holistic approach to supporting pupils in developing their knowledge and understanding of the world
- Preparing all pupils for their future role in adult life with successful transitions
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals both within and beyond the school, including increased involvement with the wider local community
- Moving forward together, ensuring pupils, their families and federation staff achieve the best they can with the opportunities and support available.